For easing muscles cramps, aches and both physical and mental strains on mother and baby, you can’t beat a home pregnancy massage.
Covering all of London, our therapists will create the perfect soothing interlude of “you time”, reducing swelling and improving circulation through gentle practices which are safe for mum and baby.
Why is USPAAH’s pre-natal massage good for you?
Pregnant women in your area book our at-home pregnancy massages services in London because:
- All the relaxation comes to you: book a mobile massage and prepare to have everything come to you. There’ll be no need to handle travelling through the city. Or do anything really, besides preparing yourself for a little relaxed pampering session which you deserve after all your hard work.
- It relieves stress: pregnancy can be a stressful time for all sorts of reasons. You’ll be carrying all that stress in your muscles – as well as carrying a whole extra human, of course. An outcall pregnancy massage will provide relief from any pain, muscles spasms or cramps you may be experiencing in the lower back, hips, legs, neck and weight-bearing joints around the body.
- It’s safe and gentle: this treatment is specifically designed to be safe and healthy for mother and baby. You can lie down on your side or choose to be propped up by pillows, and your therapist will never be exerting more than gentle pressure.
- It’s good for all the strains of mothering: increasing your blood flow, reducing swelling by improving lymph circulation, easing labour pain – your visiting massage therapist’s attentions do a whole lot to ease all of the strains, both physical and mental, which being a mother can cause.
Your personal spa concierge
How your treatment will work
- Your home pregnancy massage therapist will bring everything they need with them. The massage table can be reclined fully, or you can be propped up by pillows, so you don’t need to lie all the way down if you don’t want to. There will also be plenty of padding. This keeps you nice and comfortable while also being best for your baby.
- The massage itself consists of long, slow, gentle strokes with occasional breaks for kneading away stresses and strains in tense areas. It’s the ultimate in relaxation. Slow turns onto each side allow your visiting massage therapist to address your hips. You’ll be fully supported on special pillows in all positions.
How to prepare for your session
- The most important thing to do before your session is to relax as much as possible. This might mean putting on some relaxing music, turning your phone off and generally putting your feet up. It’s also not a good idea to eat in the few hours before your session.
- For pregnant women, it’s a good idea to drink a lot of water before your massage starts and after it ends. This is because lactic acid (a waste product of your muscles) will be released into your system. Water will make sure it is flushed out through you.
- Don’t worry if this means you need to take a bathroom break at any time. All of our mobile pregnancy massage therapists know that more frequent visits to the bathroom are part and parcel when it comes to pregnancy anyway.
Q. Is a visiting pregnancy massage safe for me?
A. After the first trimester, you’ll find that pregnancy massages are usually regarded as safe. Before that, a massage can trigger morning sickness or create little dizzy spells. However, it’s always worth talking to your doctor to confirm that a massage will be a good idea in your particular case. Many doctors recommend them. You should always make sure that your therapist knows that you are pregnant.
Q. Where can I find a massage therapist near me?
A. We offer mobile pregnancy massage services across London, including zones 1-6.